iGuzzini was proud to once again be the Social Media Sponsors for the Lighting Design Awards, one of the lighting industries greatest celebration of creativity.
The Lighting Design Awards 2019 were held on 16 May, at the Troxy in London, an iconic Grade II-listed Art Deco music venue. The event was attended by 600 designers, architects and suppliers, who all came to be entertained by rapper Jords and comedian Ian Stone, and most importantly, to find out who the winners of the 19 categories would be!
Ian Stanton - Sales & Marketing Director for the UK & Ireland - attended the event and was honoured to present the award for the Daylight Project of the Year Award to BuroHappold, for the lighting design of the Louvre, Abu Dhabi.
As well as being the Social Media Sponsor, iGuzzini was involved with the lighting solutions for many of the shortlisted projects, including:
- T2 Luxury Mall - in Melbourne, Australia - Electrolight (Retail Project of the Year Award - Winners)
- MNKY HSE, London, UK - Technical Arts (Restaurant Project of the Year - Shortlisted Meicxi Urban Helix, Changsha, China - Office for Visual Interaction
- The Retreat at Blue Lagoon, Grindavik, Iceland - Liska ehf (Hotel Project of the Year - Shortlisted)
- The Royal Opera House, London, UK - Studio Fractal (Leisure Project of the Year - Shortlisted)
- Stella McCartney, London, UK - PJC Light Studio (Retail Project of the Year - Shortlisted)
- London Wall Place, London, UK - Studio Fractal (Public Realm and Landscaping Project of the Year - Shortlisted)
- Royal Academy of Arts masterplan, London, UK - Arup (Daylight Project of the Year - Shortlisted)
iGuzzini was also commended by the Lighting Design Award judges for Walky, in the Architectural Luminaire Exterior category.